- The autocrosses keep coming! Online registration for #3 has begun.
- Registration for GGR's "Battle by the Bay" PCA Club Race at Laguna Seca June 21-23 (now with an extra practice session on Friday!) is open. (While you're there, register for Buttonwillow too!)
- It's official! Autocross #2 results that is...
- Registration for the Buttonwillow Drivers' Education, Time Trial and Club Race event May 25, 26 is now open.
- Time Trial results from our first event of 2013 have been posted.
- Information about the GGR Porboys Annual Autocross School has now been posted.
Announcing the Famous
Annual GGR Porboys Beginner Autocross School !!!!!!!!!
It is that time of year to start thinking about all of the great Porsche driving opportunities in 2013. On Sunday May 19, Howard Yao, and John Seidell will again run this school. It is really for beginners or people who have autocrossed only a few times. If you have ever wondered what it is like to experience driving your Porsche on the edge (but safely in control) then this is for you. This is a good safe place for drivers to learn about the handling of their Porsche.
The polls have closed and all precincts have reported! Thanks to everyone who voted. Here are the final results of the election for 2013 Board Members:
Chief Driving Instructor John Tavernetti has graciously agreed to share his YouTube page with us which contains videos of his excellent driving at not only TH clockwise, but all the tracks we run. John's videos include data overlay so you can see the cornering speeds, and the smooth build up and decline of lateral g-forces. It's also good if you are watching at work and can't listen with the volume up! Here's his page: John's YouTube videos.
Take a few moments to enjoy the literally hundreds of photos from our Driver's Education/Timed Runs and PCA Club Race event at Buttonwillow that Greg Phillips has kindly shared with us.
While we're waiting for the onslaught of events to occur (soon!, soon!) here's a nostalgic photo from a Zone autocross event at Santa Rosa some time in the early 80s. Courtesy of Barbara McCrory.